Steps to Follow After a Dog Bite:
- You need to identify the dog that bit you. Get the dog license number, denote the breed of the dog (take a picture with your cell phone), and get the name of owner of the dog and their address.
- Take pictures of the wound, bruises, and the bloodied, torn clothing.
- Get names and addresses of witnesses to the dog bite.
- Seek medical attention immediately. If the dog bite was on the face, insist on a plastic surgeon to repair the wound.
- Follow all of the doctor’s orders. The orders may include many measures to help reduce scarring like, stay out of the sun or at least use a good sun block, massage scars, use scar reduction cream regularly, and be sure to have the stitches taken out on schedule.
- Contact a Injury Attorney before you talk to anyone. It is vital to collect evidence right away and to interview witnesses before they forget the details. The facts of your claim and the extent of your injuries must be proven. Wewill get the necessary evidence and monitor your medical treatment. This will ensure that the insurance company will deal with you fairly and give you adequate compensation.
Information to Collect from the Dog Owner or Insurance Company
- name of insurance company
- insurance company address
- telephone number
- claim number
- exact name of person insured
- insurance policy coverage for medical expenses
Do NOT Do the Following after a Dog Bite Injury
When you talk to the owners or insurance company, do NOT do any of the following things:
- Do not allow your conversation to be taped.
- Do not discuss money, extent of injury, settlement, or accept any form of payment.
- Do not meet with the owner or the insurance company.
- Do not correspond with the insurance company.
- Do not allow the bite to be photographed for the insurance company.
- Do not discuss any aspects of the dog bite (how it happened, who was responsible, etc.)
- Do not sign anything from the insurance company, the owner of the dog, the landlord, or the property owner where the attack took place.
Dog Bite Injury Compensation
What you may be entitled to if you have suffered a Washington State Dog Bite Injury, compensation for:
- ALL medical bills (ambulance, emergency room, hospitalization, medication, ER doctor)
- lost wages
- cosmetic surgery or scar reduction treatment, if necessary
- therapy to overcome the emotional trauma, if necessary
- torn clothing
- broken glasses
- pain and suffering
- compensation for any disability or disfigurement
The Spokane, Washington Law Firm of Robert Hahn is one of the leading firms in the area of Personal Injury Law. Our personal Injury clients have the peace of mind in knowing that their case is being handled by an experienced Plaintiffs injury attorney. Our aggressive representation and extensive experience has earned the firm of Robert C. Hahn, III, a stellar reputation for excellence in the representation of injured people. Robert Hahn’s goal is to provide excellent service by a highly experienced lawyer and legal professionals at an affordable fee.
After helping hundreds of injured people ranging from complex litigation to simple settlement of claims in Spokane and surrounding areas, Spokane Attorney Robert Hahn has the background to explain your alternatives and suggest a solution to your injury difficulties.If you are considering hiring a personal injury attorney, make sure that the attorneys you are considering practice in personal injury law because you need a law firm that deals with these issues on a daily basis.