Broken Leg: Types and Treatment
The treatment of a broken leg varies according to the type of break. There are many classifications of breaks. They are:
- Open / compound fracture: This type of fracture is when the skin is pierced by the broken bone. This is a serious fracture that requires aggressive treatment to reduce the chance of infection.
- Closed fracture: This type of fracture is when the skin is unbroken.
- Incomplete fracture: This type of fracture is when the bone is cracked but remains intact.
- Complete fracture: In a complete fracture, the bone is snapped into two or more pieces.
- Displaced fracture: In a displace fracture, the bone fragments are not aligned and may require surgery to realign and stabilize the bone.
- Comminuted fracture: This type of fracture is when the bone is broken into several pieces. Surgery is usually required to ensure good alignment.
It is important to restrict the movement of a broken leg in order to allow for proper healing. A broken leg will usually require a cast for 6-8 weeks, if not longer.
Once the cast is removed, rehabilitation exercises or physical therapy will help to reduce stiffness and restore movement in the injured leg. Even with physical therapy, it will take many months for complete healing.
The Spokane, Washington Law Firm of Robert Hahn is one of the leading firms in the area of Personal Injury Law. Our personal Injury clients have the peace of mind in knowing that their case is being handled by an experienced Plaintiffs injury attorney. Our aggressive representation and extensive experience has earned the firm of Robert C. Hahn, III, a stellar reputation for excellence in the representation of injured people. Robert Hahn’s goal is to provide excellent service by a highly experienced lawyer and legal professionals at an affordable fee.
After helping hundreds of injured people ranging from complex litigation to simple settlement of claims in Spokane and surrounding areas, Spokane Attorney Robert Hahn has the background to explain your alternatives and suggest a solution to your injury difficulties.If you are considering hiring a personal injury attorney, make sure that the attorneys you are considering practice in personal injury law because you need a law firm that deals with these issues on a daily basis.