Head injury is a general term used to describe trauma to the head — to the brain itself. Head injuries occur more often than people realize. The injury may appear minor yet inflict serious brain injury. There are more than 500,000 head injuries each year in the U.S. that require hospitalization.
Head injuries can be closed or open.
- A closed head injury may seem insignificant — a bump, blow, or sharp head jerk. But the brain may be jostled enough in the skull to cause bleeding or swelling.
- An open head injury means that the trauma broke the skull, penetrating the brain. One way this may happen is by hitting the windshield in a high-impact car accident or truck accident.
Types of Head Injuries
What NOT to do after a head injury:
- Do NOT wash a head wound that is deep or bleeding a lot.
- Do NOT remove an object sticking out of a wound.
- Do NOT move the person unless absolutely necessary.
- Do NOT shake the person if they seem dazed.
- Do NOT remove a helmet if you suspect a serious head injury.
- Do NOT pick up a fallen child with any sign of head injury.
- Do NOT drink alcohol within 48 hours of a serious head injury.
The Spokane, Washington Law Firm of Robert Hahn is one of the leading firms in the area of Personal Injury Law. Our personal Injury clients have the peace of mind in knowing that their case is being handled by an experienced Plaintiffs injury attorney. Our aggressive representation and extensive experience has earned the firm of Robert C. Hahn, III, a stellar reputation for excellence in the representation of injured people. Robert Hahn’s goal is to provide excellent service by a highly experienced lawyer and legal professionals at an affordable fee.
After helping hundreds of injured people ranging from complex litigation to simple settlement of claims in Spokane and surrounding areas, Spokane Attorney Robert Hahn has the background to explain your alternatives and suggest a solution to your injury difficulties.If you are considering hiring a personal injury attorney, make sure that the attorneys you are considering practice in personal injury law because you need a law firm that deals with these issues on a daily basis.