Avoiding No-Zone Accidents with Trucks
Even for individuals who pride themselves on being good drivers, highway driving can be dangerous. A number of different factors contribute to this, including:
- High traffic volume on most roadways
- The speed of highway traffic
- Frequent construction along major highways
- The size disparity between vehicles traveling on highways
With all of these dangers present, it is important that all individuals make themselves aware of the different dangers facing them when driving on highways and do what they can to keep accidents from occurring.
Accidents frequently occur between large commercial vehicles and smaller automobiles, simply due to the fact that these large trucks have extensive blind spots, or “no-zones”, where smaller vehicles disappear from the driver’s visibility.
To prevent accidents with large trucks, drivers of smaller cars should familiarize themselves with the no-zone areas of these trucks and understand how to safely share the roadways with these larger vehicles.
- Front No-Zone—since most large commercial trucks have elevated cabs, there is a no-zone area located at the front of the truck. Smaller cars and vehicles can disappear from the truck driver’s line of sight if they are driving too close to the front of the truck. To ensure safety, drivers should make sure that they always remain far enough in front of a large truck to be seen by the truck driver.
- Side No-Zones—side no-zones are the most insidious of a truck’s blind spots. The sides of trucks are so long that there is no way for a truck driver to see the entire side of the truck, even with the aid of side mirrors. A good rule of thumb to ensure safety is “if you cannot see the face of the truck driver in his or her side mirror, the driver cannot see you”.
- Rear No-Zone—since most large trucks do not have rear-view mirrors, it is difficult for truck drivers to notice vehicles driving immediately behind them. As such, it is important for other drivers to remain far enough behind trucks that the truck driver can see the other car in their side mirror.
The Spokane, Washington Law Firm of Robert Hahn is one of the leading firms in the area of Personal Injury Law. Our personal Injury clients have the peace of mind in knowing that their case is being handled by an experienced Plaintiffs injury attorney. Our aggressive representation and extensive experience has earned the firm of Robert C. Hahn, III, a stellar reputation for excellence in the representation of injured people. Robert Hahn’s goal is to provide excellent service by a highly experienced lawyer and legal professionals at an affordable fee.
After helping hundreds of injured people ranging from complex litigation to simple settlement of claims in Spokane and surrounding areas, Spokane Attorney Robert Hahn has the background to explain your alternatives and suggest a solution to your injury difficulties.If you are considering hiring a personal injury attorney, make sure that the attorneys you are considering practice in personal injury law because you need a law firm that deals with these issues on a daily basis.